If you are interested in palmistry, or if you are just looking at your own hands out of curiosity, you might be wondering if there are money and travel signs in your palms. Money and Travel signs (or lines) can be in various areas of the hand. As far as travel, the most obvious thing to look for is changes in the lines.
Travel lines are branches that come off the life line and transverse lines on the ulnar edge. In other words, they are horizontal lines on the edge of the palm on the pinkie side. These do not always denote a permanent move aboard, especially if there are several lines present. Note that the uppermost lines are marriage lines and the start of the heart line.
Lines branching or emanating from the line of life towards the Mount of Moon are signs of trips, but not a guaranteed mark of permanent relocation. For a mark of a permanent move abroad, usually, there will be a connecting line to the fate line or a new section of life line if the change is lasting. The long-distance travel line is a longer line than the short distance.
What about permanent relocation, moving abroad?
If someone travels abroad as a permanent relocation, the change will be evident in the fate line and life line. If the line ‘shifts’ or changes course, it suggests a change of direction in life. Usually, the life line splits in an overlapping way.
Look also at the shape of the hand, fingers, and mounts for a desire for travel. If a person is a committed traveller through work or pleasure, they will typically have an air or fire type hand due to the adventurous and social nature. They will usually have a life line that arcs towards the Mount of Moon, instead of curving around the Venus mount.
If there are many fine travel lines from the life line, they will suggest regular journeys. Even a person who regularly goes offshore fishing (for example) might have these lines.
The finger shapes also come into consideration, especially if one has spatulate fingertips, signifying the love of the new and unusual. With square fingertips, the destinations maybe somewhere that is more well-known to them. An extended pinkie would give excellent communication skills, so learning another language would not be a problem.
Listed below are the travel signs:
- The thumb which is open wide (not tucked close to the palm) shows an open-minded nature. They are confident and have a love of adventure, hence travelling often interests them.
- The life line separated from the head line suggests a carefree, independent, self-reliant personality. These people are more likely to travel due to their impulsive and courageous spirit.
- The line of life on a venturesome character arches towards the Mount of Moon instead of curving around the Venus mount.
- Look also at the shape of the hand, fingers, and mounts for a desire for travel. If a person is a committed traveller through work or pleasure, they will typically have an air (square palm, long fingers) or fire type hand (rectangle palm, shorter fingers) due to the bold and social nature.
- The life line should show some branches that reach towards the mount of Moon.
- Horizontal lines on the ulnar side of the mount of Moon can also suggest travel.
Money and travel signs – Are there any money signs?
If there was any sign that might suggest money on the palms, it would be the career (fate) line and the success line. The fate line is a vertical line that lies in the middle of the palm and rises towards the middle finger. The success line is similar but rises towards the ring finger. Below are some possible signs of money:
- A double fate line. Depending on how close they run to each other can refer to two similar occupations, hobbies or study alongside a career at the same time. If the lines are close, it can depict a successful business partnership. It may even represent a husband or wife who is considered very supportive. Whatever the case, the second line suggests a duality of some aspect. It acts as a support line, giving strength to the main line. The second formation sometimes shows up as a small fork leading into two clear directions.
- A branch line rising from the fate line towards Mount Apollo is particularly lucky, it depicts success through talent or creativity, often leading to fame and good fortune.
- Rising branch lines from the fate line are often seen as a financial gain.
The success line
- The success line. When one has the success line on the palm, it signifies the sense of achievement and satisfaction that a person feels in their life.
- The success line shows that there is potential for accomplishing a great deal. In some cases, this line rises from inside the
life line; it is then referred to as an inheritance line, suggesting money or property acquired from the family’s estate.
- Two success lines can depict income from two different sources, such lines are more common on the creative types. See my video about the millionaire hand here.
- Triangles attached to the fate, life or success line can denote boosts in income or other financial gains.
- See this article for more about the money triangles.