The meaning of a spinster line
The word spinster line straight away makes you wonder if it’s considered a bad thing to have. This line lies beneath the little finger as a curved horizontal line, ending between the ring and the little finger. The little finger in palmistry is often called the Mercury finger. The term ring of Mercury might be a more appropriate name considering its meaning. It might have got the name spinster line because it originates from the same area as the relationship lines on the side of the Mercury mount.
The spinster line might look like a long relationship line that curves upwards, which is easily confused. The relationship lines are on the very edge of the palm under the pinkie. The usual meaning is that a distinct line shows a long-term relationship (not necessarily marriage). The fine and shorter ones are insignificant or less worthy unions.
How to tell the difference between these lines?
If the curved line remains on the side of the mount and does not rise to circle the base of the little finger, it’s a relationship line. Traditionally, it means that the partner is financially well off. The spinster line is much longer; it can be somewhat curved or straight. However, it always appears at the front of the mount.
Is there a difference between the ring of Mercury and a spinster line?
When it’s called the spinster line, it seems like it only refers to relationships, implying that the individual remains a single their whole life? The ring of Mercury suggests an opposing force to the good qualities of Mercury, weakening its’ characteristics. Mercury represents our communication, such as personal interactions, as well as business ability.
The spinster line may hinder the capacity for clear communication in intimate relationships. It might not mean that the person remains single forever, but it does seem to suggest frequent breakups. Overall, if Its effects are ill feelings or attitude in relationships, it’s possible the subject eventually remains a spinster.
It is always wise to check other indicators
Check the palm for other signs of partners such as influence lines and parallel lines on the life and fate lines.
- The influence lines can depict a life partner, and parallel lines to the line of life show support.
- The shape of the hand and fingers can also give clues to the characteristics.
- The heart line’s shape is important because it shows how caring or loving the person is.
- A straight heart line reveals a cautious and reserved type, so expressing feelings might not be easy.
- A curved heart line shows someone who needs to share their feelings.
- Clean lines without crossbars and hatches reveal confidence and security.
What might be negative signs to look for with the Spinster line?
One of the first negative signs that might appear is stress lines. These diagonal lines can cross the palm entirely if the stress has affected the union. The main point of origin for a stress line is from the base of the thumb. This line can travel across to the union line revealing worry over a partner. Another unfavourable mark would be scarring, dry skin or blurry lines on the area where the union lines are. If the quality of the heart line is poor, it can suggest hypersensitivity or changeable emotions. The skin condition might have dry areas as well as wart-like bubbles.
- Union line
- Heart line
- Stress line
- Stress line
- Worry line
- Change in life
- Marked heart line
- Warts or bubbles on the skin
Thank you for reading my article. If you have enjoyed it, please share it with your friends. 🙂
- Inheritance Lines and Signs in Palmistry
- Short Head Line Effects in Hand Analysis
- Hand Analysts Answers to Top Twelve Questions
- The Direction in Life Through the Fate Line
- Too Many Palm Lines? What Does it Mean?