What do the various heart line types mean? Which type of line shows if you are emotional, passionate or a bit cold-hearted? This knowledge helps people to understand each other in relationships. The heart line is the uppermost horizontal line beneath the fingers.
If the heart line is the most prominent line on the palm, the person is generally more ruled by the heart. The quality of this line is also important. Not only the heart line quality but the other lines as well. The heart line that’s well-formed should have matching types of lines on the rest of the palm. What it means when the lines are steady, that the person is steady in their mind and heart. (The complete line descriptions of all the lines are in Destiny Palmistry 2, All the Lines).
Heart Line Facts:
- A line which is clear, dark and relatively free of flaws, reveals a well-adjusted person emotionally.
- A line that is very marked or chained in appearance belongs to one who is restless or unstable emotionally.
- The more curved this line is, the more they can relate to others and the more passion there is.
- The shorter the line, the less empathy, and feelings are present, especially if the line is straight.
- An extra-long line illustrates someone who displays particularly strong feelings.
- A fork at the end of the heart line reveals someone who has a balanced approach in what is ideal and what is practical in relationships.
Five Heart Line Types
- THE PASSIONATE LINE. Displays feelings through action, they are passionate and know what they want. They express their feelings and share emotions with ease. However, they can be blind to the faults of loved ones.
- THE FREEDOM LINE. This line shows a person who is self-focused with a love of liberty. Sombre level-headed attitude, but if it is straight, there is a lack of emotional warmth. They are not likely to be sentimental. They are more cautious and reserved about expressing feelings.
- THE IDEALIST LINE. Romantic and idealistic. They respect and admire their partner, but tend to feel or show authority in the relationship. They are often also ambitious and somewhat vain.
- THE CARING LINE. Others need often come first. A strong desire for connection and they are keen to express love. They may expect too much in return.
- THE SIMIAN LINE. The Simian line shows an intense character. However, most times they are cautious and reserved about expressing feelings. Their nature can be obsessive and so will get hooked fully or not at all. They can find it difficult to differentiate emotional feeling from rational thought. See more about the Simian line here.
Where the heart line sits
When the line sits high (closer to the base of the fingers) it suggests the person is open-minded, and they easily display their feeling. However, experiences regarding emotions can be somewhat unrealistic or idealistic. This type may require constant support from his/her partner.
A heart line that sits closer to the head line, suggests an introspective personality showing caution about love. Their emotional side is more realistic (and sometimes intolerant). It generally depicts a narrow-minded individual. The feelings may lie more buried under the surface. If only narrow in the centre of the line, the reactions are controlled by the mind and intolerance only lasts a short time.
Other heart line types
A Suwon crease is where there is a heart line all the way across the palm or second section of a head line fused to the heart line. This type of line might depict a person who is quite demanding in matters of love and expect a lot from their partner. Money is usually significant; hence, they are liable to put work before relationships. It may also be the other way around where relationships come before work matters.
BROKEN HEART LINE
A broken heart line is when the line stops and starts again. It can overlap or have a clean break. The main thing about the fractured heart line is that it can manifest in difficulties expressing feelings. The subject might have issues with mood swings or emotional stress. (Check type of head line). There may be a period in their life when there is a significant change, such as a broken relationship. (Check life and fate lines). These people might often feel like they are not emotionally connected and feel phases of unattachment.
Learn to read hands
Whether you are a beginner or have some experience in hand analysis, there is always something new to learn. Palmistry is more than merely looking at the lines on the hands. The art of analysing hands is about seeing the character and discovering yhour potential and purpose in life.
If you are interested for personal reasons and predictions or you are a therapist, counsellor or a healer, studying the hands can allow you to add additional means to your range of work. I have put together the complete guide to hand analysis which includes some Indian palmistry, like the fish sign and thumb lines. I have also an example reading of Ted Bundy, the serial killer.
Check out the book Life and Destiny Palmistry below. It is available in an awesome Kindle version with a table of contents and, even better paperback with a full index at the back.
- Messy Palm Lines That Reveal Struggles
- Inner Heart Line of Hidden Feelings in the Palm Lines
- Dual Personality From the Palm Lines
- Signs of a Cynic or Pessimist in Hand Analysis
- Signs of Depression and Anxiety in Palmistry
If you prefer to see lots of photo images and clear diagrams, see the book ‘All the Lines’ below.