Jupiter Mount and Meanings of Some Marks in Palmistry
The Jupiter mount is a name given to the padded area of the palm beneath the index finger. On some hands, the mound is quite pronounced. On others, it’s not at all noticeable. In this article, you will learn about the various meanings related to this mount and the meanings of some marks.
When we consider the meaning of the Jupiter mount, we look at how much development there is. The mounts on the palm appear more developed when a person applies a certain kind of energy. If all of the mounts are large, the subject is likely to have good all-around energy and enthusiasm for life.
Jupiter in palmistry represents:
The Jupiter mount represents self-confidence, pride, ego, religion, and character’s strengths and weaknesses. If this mound shares the space partially beneath the middle (Saturn finger), it depicts a hands-on ability to achieve goals. The other qualities that Jupiter brings are:
- Growth and wisdom.
- Wealth and success.
- Glory and honours.
- How you deal with others.
- Your power and pride.
- Your self-esteem and ego.
The meaning of a large or small Jupiter mount
Because Jupiter represents how we treat ourselves as well as others, when this mount is average, it shows the right amount of confidence, leadership skills, and ambition.
- If well developed, it depicts a friendly and social person with high self-esteem, confidence, motivation, and purpose.
- Overly developed Jupiter mount can indicate a very ambitious and bossy nature. They can be overbearing and arrogant, often with an enormous appetite for food, especially if the bottom phalange of the index (Jupiter) finger is also thick.
- A flat mount shows a lack of confidence or self-worth. They want others to take the lead, especially if the index (Jupiter) finger is short or thin.
Marks on the Jupiter Mount
- A cross on the Jupiter mount traditionally means there is a happy marriage or a supportive partner.
- Many horizontal lines can represent someone who worries about their future.
- A square on the mount of Jupiter shows a sound sense of pride and professional integrity. It may also refer to a partner who gives security or protection within the relationship.
- A star formation can depict a sudden rise in fortune and or achievement of an ambition. Traditionally, it symbolises honour or influence and a good mark for being destined for great things.
- A triangle mark shows political wisdom and unique talent in the art of diplomacy.
- A grille mark, a bunch of horizontal and vertical lines like a mesh, shows frustration in authority. The person might exaggerate or feel a need to have authority. They can be vain or domineering, superstitious.
- Rising lines from the life line to the mount are called ambition lines and depict an ambitious personality.
- A line that looks like a half-circle under the index finger is a ring of Solomon. You can read about it here.
The names of the mounts on the hand
Does the hand shape matter?
In palmistry, the shape of the hand is a crucial part of proper palm reading. A narrow hand doesn’t give the same result as a thick hand and we should consider the meanings alongside the size of the mounts.
A large palm with shorter fingers is called the ‘fire type’ hand. The well-developed Jupiter mount on this type gives more of the qualities because of the extroverted character.
The large Jupiter mount, together with an Earth hand show positive connotations. The earth hand or square hand (obviously not exactly square) is one that has a square looking palm and short fingers. This shape is also referred to as the practical hand. The fingers are usually stiff and thick with rounded tips. There are typically only a few thick lines, and rarely any minor lines. The earth shaped hand can be plump, or it can be slim.
The heavy hand shows less patience than a slim one, but it depicts pride. A large, thick and full earth hand belongs to the farmer, the fisherman and truck driver type. The compact hand with a square palm and average length fingers is more energetic and practical, belonging to the more business-minded folk. It is common to also find this shaped hand on someone creative.
Article by Sari A Puhakka.
Please donate any amount to help this study, thank you!
Subscribe to my YouTube channel for daily lessons in palmistry.
Have your personal palm reading here.
7 thoughts on “Jupiter Mount Info and Marks in Palmistry”
[…] at the same position, occasionally starting close to the thumb and other times as high as the Mount of Jupiter. If it sits high, it shows an ambitious and confident nature. Occasionally it can begin joined with […]
[…] can vary depending on which way the fish is facing, and on which mount it lies. On the mount of Jupiter beneath the index finger, it suggests power, honour, and respect. Some regard the fish sign on the […]
[…] the mount of Jupiter beneath the index finger, it suggests power, honour, and respect. Some regard the fish sign on the […]
[…] clear line to Mount Jupiter shows potential success from the ambitious use of their […]
[…] star mark can be both good and bad. On a line, it is an unwelcome find, but on the Jupiter or Apollo mount, it reveals extraordinary talent, financial windfalls or even sudden fame. However, […]
[…] The MountsFinger length and their settingCrooked or leaning fingersThe thumb and its settingThe fingernails […]
[…] thick, can have the same meaning. It is only when it is thin, short or bent that the qualities of Jupiter are […]