How to Improve Your Intuition
What is intuition?
Intuition is your voice that comes from what you already know deep down inside. Imagine if you were psychic, and every problem you ever had was resolved by asking yourself what would happen next. This inherent power is just that, knowing what to do, feel and say. It’s important to improve your intuition to make better choices in life.
When you improve your intuition, you are developing your psychic power.
If you are not using your intuition, you may begin to dwell on problems. You might also continue living in the past and have difficulties reaching goals. To develop or improve your intuition to a level you can rely on and trust, you first need to be open to receiving guidance from yourself. The first three steps you need to do:
- Become involved in life, and spend time in nature.
- Be as normal and natural as possible.
- Spend time by yourself.
What is intuition
Intuition is when you ask a question or problem you want to solve, and the answer pops into your head. It happens when you are not trying to force out the answer but when you least expect it. Often it is a constant thought that won’t leave your mind. Intuition is knowing that the response is right, not necessarily knowing how or why, but just knowing calmly.
Don’t be desperate for an answer.
If you are desperate about the situation, then this is more likely to be your fears and hopes coming out. You should try not to make a momentous decision without first having a good think about it and then meditating or doing something else relaxing so that your mind can ‘put it on the decision shelf.’ Taking too long to decide may make you miss an opportunity, so once you have the idea, go ahead and do it. You can always make a mistake, but you find out sooner by taking a risk.
Play a game of toss the coin
When you play heads or tails with a coin, you give yourself two choices as your answer. The thing that’s so good about this method is that if the answer is not what you wanted, you suddenly realize what your intuition has told you all along. It’s not a magic coin that ‘knows’ the answer; it’s the coin that helps you realise the answer.
The coin helps you ‘hear’ what you want or want to think, do or say. Think about how you feel when you get your answer. Are you pleased or disappointed? Disappointment is a sign that the other answer is the right one. Let me know if that makes sense to you.
More Tips to improve your intuition
- Use all things in moderation, eat lightly and naturally and try to get enough sleep.
- Don’t worry about the outcome of every little thing.
- Meditate and use positive affirmations about your future as if it is already true.
- Listen to your feelings and accept your mood without blaming yourself or resenting others and if you feel like crying, do it.
Meditation is the first step in this development.
If your intuition feels entirely blocked and meditating difficult, you may need to go to a peaceful, quiet place in nature. You can meditate at night; the moon is very calming and has been known to help people get in touch with their inner selves. If you love the warmth of the sun and the sunlight shimmering on the water or brightly coloured flowers and gardens, choose a sunny day to visit your place of peace. Once you have absorbed all that peaceful energy, it is easier to return to it in your memory the next time you meditate.
Find your sanctuary within your home.
If going out is too difficult, you can find your sanctuary. You can set your garden or patio so you feel like you are getting away from it all. You could even adopt a part of your home indoors for your personal space. It does not have to be a whole room, just a small corner space for meditation.
Meditation space. Follow these simple steps:
- First, remove any clutter and make the area free from dust and open the window if there is one. Have as much nature around you as possible.
- You need a comfortable place to sit. If you do not have a table and chair, create a space on the floor with a cloth, pillows or blankets.
- Turn off unnecessary noise, and cover up the computer or television.
- If you are outside and have pets (dogs mainly), make sure they are busy (chewing a bone or something). Pets are usually like children, and you may find it difficult to meditate with them trying to get your attention.
- Assume a comfortable but alert upright position.
- Gently bring your attention to the breath, and note each inhalation and exhalation.
- When your mind begins to wander, calmly bring your attention back to breathing and start again.
- Feel your body relax.
- Visualize something peaceful or an image of the future you want.
If you want to read more, Claim Your Power, the book is available now. See below:
copyright Sari A Puhakka.
Subscribe to our monthly email consultation service here.