Banish Stress and be Happy
How to banish stress: A part of being happy is about how you see yourself (self-image), so if you are stressed you may be forgetting those positive qualities and focusing on the wrong things. To banish stress and get happy, you need to work out if the worry is unnecessary.
But firstly you should look at your self-esteem. If you have a poor image of yourself, it’s not helping your situation. To improve how you see yourself, you need to think about whom you are. Try to do this from your point of view, not what other people may have made you feel.
Do you agree or disagree with your external image? Don’t allow your physical looks to determine who you are on the inside. Is there a hidden talent or personality you are keeping to yourself? Use your talent in everything you do.
If you are not true to yourself, can you think of the reasons why not? Don’t lie to yourself.
If you are depressed or unhappy because things are not going as you planned, you may need to look in another direction and see if what you need can be found elsewhere.
Recognise that there are many other ways to get happy, get what you want or need. If it is the lack of love that is depressing you, see if other people or things can give you the feeling of love or support you need. It could be a friend, a close relative or even a pet. You cannot always get all your love from one source.
You may need to discharge some of your negative energy by grounding. Do this by going outdoors more and do something physical like digging up a garden.
Expectations to help banish stress.
- Let go of your set expectations, imagine getting what you need without being stuck on how you are going to get it.
- Once you open your mind to accepting other ways to get around your dilemma, you begin to get a flow of ideas and begin to take control of your future.
- Become involved in life. Be as normal and natural as possible. Try not to avoid usual friends and places; this helps avoid abnormal grief.
- Do all things in moderation, eat lightly and naturally and try to get enough sleep.
- Don’t worry about the outcome of every little thing.
- Meditate and use positive affirmations, as if they are already true.
- Listen to your feelings and accept your mood without blaming yourself or resenting others and if you feel like having a cry, then do it.
More tips to banish stress
- Listen to your favourite music; it is an amazing healer.
- Take the time to enjoy your pet or care for animals. You can even talk to them; they do not argue with you.
- Try to see the view of others; they have problems too.
- Get in touch with what is important to you.
- Stress can be caused by having too much energy (mentally). Finding an outlet for excess energy. This energy can be physical or mental, and finding an outlet which is positive is the only way to control it.
Excess physical energy obviously needs the body to release it by being active, playing a sport or doing constructive work or activities. But mental energy can be destructive to our emotional well being, so it needs to be directed into being creative, such as finding your talent or a hobby which can release it, preventing frustration.
New and used ‘Claim Your Power’ books here