Healing With Colour
We all react to colour in some way. It can help to determine our mood and aid with healing. When I first practised healing on myself, it was to help get over depression and have better relationships. My life took on a whole new meaning, and I was finally motivated to change. Healing with colour can have an amazing effect on your mind and emotions.
You can use colours in your surroundings anytime you feel some area of your life needs improvement. An example of this could be using pale blue or pink in a bathroom to help in releasing the stress and tension after a hard day.
- Lounge covers
- Bed linen
- The clothes you wear.
Which colour is best for you?
Remember to use colours that get you feeling good, so if a colour is a turn off for you, use your ingenuity to replace it, for instance by using lights. Placing a light above or near the item, it can brighten or even change the look of it.
- Pastel green in a family room or breakfast room can prevent conflict, it is calming and can help with decision-making.
- Lovely healthy indoor plants can bring some green energy without changing your furniture.
- Using candles can help you when you have a wish or question in mind. Light the appropriate coloured candle, ask your question and say an affirmation about your situation. As you blow the flame out, imagine that your answer comes to you in the future. You can also meditate while focusing on the candle.
HOW TO USE HEALING WITH COLOUR IN A VISUALIZATION MEDITATION
Using colours in your life and visualising them as fields of energy (inner light and your aura) can strengthen healing powers. To heal your body of aches, you can place your hands on the area that needs healing and visualise the light of colour under your hand. However, please see your doctor if you are suffering any unusual pain, you may require other treatment or advice.
- Lie or sit down somewhere comfortable and quiet.
- Meditate to rid you of negativity and excess energy. Visualise yourself in peaceful surroundings.
- Begin visualising the area you wish to heal and use colour to represent the pain or the spot to be treated such as black or grey.
- Then imagine your inner light for healing as a colour (white, pale blue, lilac or violet is good). Envision this inner light can as coming from a higher power, be in your hands or simply from within yourself.
- Continue to imagine your inner light becoming brighter and brighter and move the light over the area to be healed. If you prefer, you may place your hands on the area.
- Gradually have the healing colour take over and dispel the other colour.
- Envision the light spreading over the whole body to balance and harmonise all the energies within you.
- Affirm your healing, and the pain or infection ‘is gone.’
- Do not go back to the original colour chosen for the area and each time you do the healing in the same spot, use only the healing colour.
- From now on visualise that you are completely healthy and happy.
After you have completed the healing, spend a few moments feeling centred and balanced within, make an affirmative statement or prayer and a long stretch before you get up.