The Split Life line and other types of line.
The life line types on the palm vary. Most lines, however, arc around the thumb ball and end at the wrist. The length and quality of this line tell certain character traits and constitution. It is a line which in palmistry is the most interesting one on the palm. People like to think that the line refers to ones’ actual life. In a way, it does. The line should, ideally, be long, deeply etched and unmarked. However, it is unlikely that many people in this modern day and age have a line like that. Sometimes there is a split life line.
The life line types, including the split life line:
- A long and deeply etched line which reaches the wrist (if unmarked) show vitality, routine, stability and motivation.
- A short line, if also weak or thin in its appearance reveals a lack of stability or energy levels. Often it is a mark of unstable early family life or a change in the middle of life.
- A life line that appears faint depicts a delicate or sensitive constitution, common on those who are not physically active
- A line which curves outward towards the Mount of Moon describes someone who loves to travel or is very outgoing.
- A line which runs closer to the thumb is someone who lacks interest in physical activities and may be cold or selfish. They prefer to stay close to home.
A split life line
- When a life line appears to have a split or break in it, look for sister lines on one or both sides of the line, these lines give support to an otherwise uncertain period.
- A line on the inside of the life line would show family support and on the outside from a non-related source. If the break happens to overlap another part of the life line, it often indicates a planned change.
- If the split has no parallel lines or overlap, it shows an uncertain period and care should be taken in every way. The health may be affected due to illness, accident or mental trauma. Look for other indicators on other lines. A square over the split will give protection.
Prediction from the lines
When using the lines for prediction, gather information from the past trials that have led the person to be where they are now. Any lines or markings that represent the future are just assumptions. They show what is potential for the subject based on past actions, whether negative or positive. The reason prediction is only an assumption is because our hands have such a connection to our brain, that mental activity is recorded on our palms. As our thoughts and desires change, new lines can form, and old ones can fade.
The lines can change on the palm
Some lines change quicker than others. The lines that are most likely to change quickly are the minor lines. But most lines depict what is happening now and what has led to the current circumstances. Keeping in mind that any person can take control of their destiny, palmistry can be used to determine some consequences or guidance for our future. Accordingly, if a line shows an attribute, it is essential to look for other indications for confirmation; as one feature can offset another.
As an example, a line that shows success for a person may indicate this as a likely conclusion. However, if other signs are against it, such as the lack of willpower, the attainment of that success may be difficult; (but not impossible). Finding adverse marks should not be a bad thing, but instead an incentive for making positive changes for better future outcomes.
If you are reading for someone else
Remember if you are doing a reading, use care and tact, never alarm a potentially nervous or sensitive subject. It is not our job as a hand analyst to humiliate or discourage anyone. If you happen to fail to verify something, it is because you might not have judged the whole hand correctly.
Which hand to read?
The hand that a person writes with is usually their dominant hand, and the lines and hand shape can show which is the non-dominant. The dominant hand is less flexible, demonstrated by a thumb with a smaller angle. The non-dominant hand tends to be more relaxed and have more lines because it shows our thoughts, and what is really going on.
The dominant hand
The dominant hand describes what is happening in their material or the outer world right now, (the conscious). It shows what we are experiencing and whether we have developed and grown from our past. The right and left hands are usually different, which is why I always look at both.
The non-dominant hand
The non-dominant hand defines what is mostly happening on an inner level (subconscious) or what is potential. It shows what we feel we could be doing or should be doing. I read the history from the non-dominant hand, but both sides can depict past events due to timing on the lines.