Relationships lines (also known as marriage lines)
The relationship lines (also called marriage, union, affection or attachment lines) can help us learn about potential marriages. However, these lines show more about the persons’ feelings of attachment than an exact number of partners or marriages.
It makes you wonder why we even bother to read these lines if they are so unpredictable. Is it a matter of believing it or not? It just may be that there has been enough evidence in some cases for palm readers to attain reasonable estimates over the years, therefore making it acceptable.
In this article, you will learn how to read these lines, and I will also explain the timeline that is widely used to estimate the approximate timing of a union.
Where is the relationship line on the palm?
You can find these lines are on the side of the palm under the little finger. They are horizontal lines, usually only about one centimetre in length.
What do the relationship lines show?
The relationship lines can show long-term relationships as well as less significant ones. Many palmists agree that these lines are unreliable in predicting the actual number of marriages. The doubt is that not everyone who marries has a deep connection. Also, not everyone who has a deep connection marries.
On some hands, there might be a line for every single fleeting crush or affair. Some other hands only show one single line no matter how many partners they have had. But the lines that we pay attention to are the deepest and longest ones. The very faint lines are unremarkable.
One or Two Deep Relationship Lines
If you have just one deep relationship line, the meaning of it is that you prefer to be monogamous. Whenever you are in a union, you stay loyal to your partner, whether it is a marriage or not. Even two deep relationship lines show the same. It is when many deep lines are present that can depict someone who finds it hard to commit. Keep in mind that other features in the hand can override these qualities.
The types of relationship lines
- A short, faint line can be a possible crush or affair which doesn’t end in a long term union. It can suggest the feelings don’t run deep, a failed marriage or even an arranged marriage.
- A long and clearly etched line denotes someone who wants one love forever.
- A downward dipping line can denote unhappiness in the marriage or union. If it happens to reach the heart line, it can suggest divorce. Look for stress lines and changes in the fate or life line.
- Fork at the start of the line often means the couple are ‘soul mates’ or that their union was not easy at the beginning.
- A fork at the end can suggest a parting of ways which might have come suddenly. If the line has many forks, it’s likely a problematic relationship.
- Two parallel lines very close together, one fine, other deep, is often a sign of infidelity. Possibly with either the partner or themselves or both.
TIMING RELATIONSHIP LINES
When will I get married? The most popular question I have been asked and probably one of the hardest to answer. The timing needs to be verified whether only one line is present or more. It can be done (approximately) from the influence lines using the fate line if there is any present.
Unfortunately, though, not all hands will have these lines for confirmation, especially if the skin is coarse and sparsely lined. Finding validation from parallel lines along the life line is another option, using the life line to measure the age.
The various ages when people marry show that whatever the age it began, the individual’s outlook is evident. If the line falls below the middle of the mount, the union is expected to be at a younger age. The higher the line on the mount, the later the marriage is likely to occur.