Intuition is your voice that comes from what you already know, deep down inside.
Having good intuition helps you to make better choices in life. Imagine if you were psychic, and every problem you have ever had was resolved by just asking yourself what happens next? Having this inherent power is just that, knowing what to do, feel and say.
When you develop your intuition, you are developing your psychic power.
If you are not using your intuition, you may begin to dwell on problems. You might also continue to live in the past and have difficulties in reaching goals.
In order to develop your intuition to a level that you can rely on and trust, you first need to be open to receiving guidance from yourself.
- Become involved in life, spend time in nature.
- Be as normal and natural as possible.
- Spend time by yourself.
What is intuition
Intuition is when you put forth a question or problem that you want to solve, and the answer pops into your head. It happens when you are not trying to force out the answer but when you least expect it. Often it is a constant thought that won’t leave your mind. Intuition is a sense of knowing that the response is right, not necessarily knowing how or why but just having the knowledge calmly.
Don’t be desperate for an answer
If your feeling is of desperation about the situation, then this is more likely to be your fears and hopes coming out. You should try not to make a momentous decision without at first having a good think about it and then meditate or do something else relaxing so that your mind can ‘put it on the decision shelf.’ Obviously, taking too long to decide may have you miss an opportunity, so once you have the idea to go ahead, and then do it. You can always make a mistake, but you find out sooner by taking a risk.
Play a game of toss the coin
When you play ‘heads or tails’ with a coin, you give yourself two choices as your answer. The thing that’s so good about this method is that if the answer is not what you wanted, you suddenly realize what your intuition tells you all along. It’s not a magic coin that ‘knows’ the answer, it’s the coin that helps you realise the answer.
The coin helps you ‘hear’ what you really want or what you want to think, do or say. Think about how you feel when you get your answer, are you pleased or disappointed? Disappointment is the sign that the other answer is the right one.
Tips to improve your intuition
- Use all things in moderation, eat lightly and naturally and try to get enough sleep.
- Don’t worry about the outcome of every little thing.
- Meditate and use positive affirmations about your future as if it is already true.
- Listen to your feelings and accept your mood without blaming yourself or resenting others and if you feel like having a cry, then do it.
Meditation is the first step in this development.
If your intuition feels entirely blocked, and meditating’s hard, it may be necessary for you to go to a peaceful, quiet place in nature. You can meditate at night, the moon is very calming and has been known to help people get in touch with their inner self. If you love the warmth of the sun and the sunlight shimmering on the water or brightly coloured flowers and gardens, then choose a sunny day to visit your place of peace. Once you have absorbed all that peaceful energy, it is easier to go back to it in your memory next time you are meditating.
Find your sanctuary within your home.
If going out is too difficult then you can find your sanctuary within your home. You can set your garden or patio, so you feel like you are getting away from it all. You could even adopt a part of your home indoors for your personal space. It does not have to be a whole room; just a small corner space for meditation.
Meditation space. Follow these simple steps:
- First, remove any clutter and make the area free from dust and open the window if there is one. Have as much nature around you as possible.
- You need a comfortable place to sit. If you do not have a table and chair, create a space on the floor with a cloth, pillows or blankets.
- Turn off unnecessary noise, cover up the computer or television.
- If you are outside, and you have pets, make sure they are busy, (chewing a bone or something). Pets are usually like children, and you may find it difficult to meditate with them trying to get your attention?
- Assume a comfortable but alert upright position.
- Gently bring your attention to the breath, and note each inhalation and exhalation.
- When your mind begins to wander, calmly bring your attention back to the breathing and start again.
- Feel your body relax.
- Visualize something peaceful, or an image of the future you want.
If you would like to read more, Claim Your Power is available now, see below:
copyright Sari A Puhakka.