Life line types in palm reading and what they mean.
The life line types on the palm vary. Most lines, however, arc around the thumb ball and end at the wrist. The length and quality of this line tell certain character traits and constitution. It is a line which in palmistry is the most interesting one on the palm.
People often think that the line refers to ones’ actual length of life. It doesn’t, but, it can show the quality. The line should, ideally, be long, deeply etched and unmarked. However, it is unlikely that people in this modern day and age have a line like that.
The life line in palmistry (types):
The long life line
- A long and deeply etched line which reaches the wrist (if unmarked) show vitality, routine, stability and motivation. These types like to be close to their roots and tend to be stable.
- Most people who have a long life line tend to know exactly what they want from life. The long line without branches or deviations suggests little change in life. It is easier to read a long life line because potential disturbances are recorded in the timeline.
The short life line
- A short line, if also weak or thin in its appearance reveals a lack of stability or energy levels. Often it is a mark of unstable early family life or a change in the middle of life.
- The short life line is standard in the hands of those who don’t precisely follow family traditions. It shows a freedom-loving individual who is not so strict on routine. They might move around a lot, or love to travel. It is as if the path of life is not set, either through circumstance or conscious decision. This attitude might have come from the family that is not settled, or even a broken family (the parents).
Faint Life Line
life linethat appears faint depicts a delicate or sensitive constitution, common on those who are not physically active.
Widely curved life line
A line which curves outward towards the Mount of Moon describes someone who loves to travel or is very outgoing. Some lines curve around enough to reach out towards the mount of Moon so far as to touch the fate line. I have learned that when this occurs, it has a significant meaning around that period indicating a need for change or an event which brings about change, often career or motivations become a current focus. A line which arches widely towards the mount of Moon depicts an outgoing and restless person with many interests. They will have a love of travel and changes of scenery.
Life line close to the thumb
- A line which runs closer to the thumb is someone who lacks interest in physical activities and may be cold or selfish. They prefer to stay close to home, especially if the Venus mount is flat
A broad line curving well around the Venus mount (ball of the thumb) shows warmth and affection but a little more reserved.
A break in the life line
- When a
life lineappears to have a break in it, look for sister lines on one or both sides of the line, these lines give support to an otherwise uncertain period. If the break happens to overlap another part of the life line, it often indicates a planned change.
Double life line or second line (two life lines)
- A line on the inside of the
life linewould show family support and on the outside of the line, from a non-related source. A second life line give support. The meaning of this mark can vary depending on which hand it appears. On the non-dominant hand, it can represent two distinct ethnic values or family backgrounds. These people often feel the presence of a spirit guide or have a healthy spiritual belief system.
- On the dominant hand, the second life line gives added strength and protection. These individuals typically have an abundance of energy and recover quickly from illness. A well-formed secondary line can also show two different sides of character or lifestyle.
- See more about the double life line in a video here
Got any questions about the life line?
Brought to you by Queensland Fishing Photos