Apollo Mount and Sun lines (also named the line of Apollo or success line)
The Apollo mount is a palmistry term referring to the padded area under the ring finger. The sun line is the vertical crease that often appears in this area. These features have a significant meaning in hand analysis because they help us determine the character and potential future life.
Positive aspects of the Apollo mount is when it is neither too bulky nor too flat. An average development without too many criss-cross lines shows a versatile and adaptable person. Negative aspects are overdeveloped or overly lined and can point to gambling or paying too much attention to appearances. (See more below about the features and marks).
If the mount of Apollo is displaced towards the mount of Saturn (partially under the middle finger) or between the two fingers, the creative side of the personality is expressive; often, these people have a loop of seriousness. If the mount is flat and the ring finger is thin or short, it displays introvert qualities. The Apollo mount and Apollo finger (ring finger) represent:
- Outward appearances.
- The sense of style.
- Social life.
Development of the Apollo mount:
- A large and full Apollo mount depicts someone more flamboyant and extroverted; they enjoy being in the centre of attention. If they are not, the expression will come out in other ways, such as through forms of art. The sense of style is not always in their clothing, cars or furniture, but in what they do. Generally, they tend to do things in excess.
- When it is noticeably flat, the sense of style and social aspects of the character are introverted. They are not one to have an interest in appearances or show off their possessions. They might be a minimalist at heart.
The positive indicators are:
- If the mount is not overly large, nor too flat.
- The Apollo mount has rising lines on it (sun lines), shows the potential of success.
- If the mount has a star, shows potential for fame.
Negative indicators are:
- Many crisscrossed lines on the mount, shows that the person is overdoing things, working too hard or failing in some other way.
- An overly large mount can show greed or overindulge in food or drink.
- A crossbar or cross on the sun line can depict problems with the reputation.
Where is the sun line?
The sun line is a vertical line that rises from the upper areas of the Mount of Moon or anywhere on the Apollo mount. It is not present as a complete line on all hands and is more typically found only in segments. When one has the success line on the palm, it signifies the sense of achievement and satisfaction that a person feels in their life.
In legend, Apollo was the name granted to the sun god who ruled over creativity, music, and the arts; that is why the line is more prominent on those who are using their creative talent positively.
The longer this line, the more it shows talent to express creativity, personal fulfilment or merely the capacity to enjoy life. It is not a guarantee of fame and fortune, but it does bring a certain amount of luck into the individual’s life. It shows that there is potential for accomplishing a great deal. In some cases, this line rises from inside the life line; it is then referred to as an inheritance line, suggesting money or property acquired from the family’s estate.
Get psychic tarot reading here, click on the picture on the page to get your reading.
Paperback copies of Destiny Palmistry are available here.