This earth hand shape is also named the practical hand or the square hand. If you have this type of hand, you are very fortunate indeed! It is the most balanced shape of all the types in palmistry. If you aren’t sure about your hand shape, have a look at it from the back, because then the mounts are not interfering with what you see.
Palm readers consider the hand shape in palmistry, but it’s not a complete picture of the personality. The hands can change when we have physical changes, such as weight loss or gain. But according to traditional palmistry, the hands come in four basic shapes, each revealing a character type. There are other popular classifications describing the shapes, but in this article, I want to explain about them using the four astrological elements, starting with the earth hand.
Note: there is a thick version of the earth shape, commonly described as an elementary hand, however, both represent the ‘practical’ hand.
Earth hand shape: In astrology, the element of earth signs are Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn. The Earth hand has a square palm and short fingers. The fingers are usually stiff and thick with rounded tips. There is typically only a few thick lines, and rarely any minor lines. The earth shaped hand can be plump, or it can be slim. The plump hand shows less patience than a slim one, but it depicts pride. These types are nature-loving, hands-on plodders. The slim, earth type is more energetic, patient, active and practical.
The image below belonged to a dear friend who was a typical earth hand personality of the elementary type. He was a dedicated father and husband. Before retirement, he was a plasterer by trade but was also a fisherman and an artist. He had many skills, including oil painting, pottery and woodworks. I remember his great sense of humour and wit, he seemed to always be happy. He loved life, his family, his pets (a dog, a cat and some chickens).
- An earth hand depicts common-sense; they are very level-headed individuals. If you need a good organiser, who will get things done, look no further than someone with the earth shaped hand.
- They are capable, reliable, helpful, honest and not afraid of hard work.
- Mostly realistic and practical, yet they can be very creative; often good with their hands.
- Emotionally they are relatively straightforward but not habitually revealing their feelings.
- On a mental level, someone with this square palm is stable and sensible, so usually what you see is what you get.
- They have a love of tradition and being outdoors.
- They also have an affinity for nature and concern for animals.
You can click on the links below to learn about the other three types of hand.
Square palm but long fingers? (Air hand)
Long and Narrow looking hand? (Water hand)
Thick palm and short fingers? (Fire hand)
Life and Destiny Palmistry (Book 3) is now available at Amazon in paperback and Kindle.
DISCOVER SOME SPECIAL SECRETS THROUGH PALM READING! For more information about the hand and finger shapes, see Destiny palmistry here.
Please help us stay active by donating any amount.