The Split Life line and other types of line.
The life line types on the palm vary. Most lines, however, arc around the thumb ball and end at the wrist. The length and quality of this line tell certain character traits and constitution. It is a line which in palmistry is the most interesting one on the palm. People like to think that the line refers to ones’ actual life. In a way, it does. The line should, ideally, be long, deeply etched and unmarked. However, it is unlikely that many people in this modern day and age have a line like that. Sometimes there is a split life line.
The life line types, including the split life line:
- A long and deeply etched line which reaches the wrist (if unmarked) show vitality, routine, stability and motivation.
- A short line, if also weak or thin in its appearance reveals a lack of stability or energy levels. Often it is a mark of unstable early family life or a change in the middle of life.
- A life line that appears faint depicts a delicate or sensitive constitution, common on those who are not physically active
- A line which curves outward towards the Mount of Moon describes someone who loves to travel or is very outgoing.
- A line which runs closer to the thumb is someone who lacks interest in physical activities and may be cold or selfish. They prefer to stay close to home.
A split life line.
- When a life line appears to have a split or break in it, look for sister lines on one or both sides of the line, these lines give support to an otherwise uncertain period.
- A line on the inside of the life line would show family support and on the outside from a non-related source. If the break happens to overlap another part of the life line, it often indicates a planned change.
- If the split has no parallel lines or overlap, it shows an uncertain period and care should be taken in every way. The health may be affected due to illness, accident or mental trauma. Look for other indicators on other lines. A square over the split will give protection.