JUPITER FINGER AND MOUNT MEANINGS
The Jupiter finger term in palmistry is referring to the index finger. The mount beneath it shows how much attention is drawn to the Jupitarian qualities. In Greek mythology, Jupiter was the God of the sky and thunder. His real name was Jupiter Optimus Maximus, which represents being the best. It makes sense that the Jupiter finger rules your self-confidence, pride, ego, and also religion or spirituality. It can show the strengths and weaknesses of your character.
When thinking about Jupiter using astrology, it signifies luck, optimism and opportunity. Positive aspects can point to wealth and prosperity. People are naturally drawn to these types for guidance and direction. If this area is unfavourable, the individual might behave irresponsibly and take uncalculated risks. They don’t like to make decisions and prefer to take the back seat.
In a palm reading, we look to Jupiter to see characteristics such as:
- Growth and wisdom – Progress in life, spirituality and foresight.
- Wealth and success – How likely are you to succeed.
- Glory and honours – Such as fame and distinction.
- Charisma – The force of the personality, your mojo.
- Ambition – Your purpose and desires.
- Leadership-skills – How you interact with others.
- Practicality – How useful you are in your operations.
- Your self-esteem and ego – How much you value yourself.
- How you conduct yourself with your loved ones.
Size of the Jupiter mount
Jupiter relates to how we treat others and ourselves. When the mount is average in size, it shows the right amount of confidence, leadership skills, ambition and ego. If the Jupiter mount shares the space partly under the Saturn finger, there is hands-on ability to achieve goals.
- If well developed, it shows a friendly and social person with high self-esteem, as well as confidence, motivation, and purpose.
- Overly developed Jupiter mount can indicate a very ambitious and bossy nature. They can also be overbearing and arrogant, often with an enormous appetite for food, especially if with reddened skin and the bottom phalange of the index (Jupiter) finger is thick.
- A flat mount shows a lack of confidence or self-worth. What that means is that they want others to take the lead, especially if the index finger is short or thin.
Length and size of the Jupiter finger
The length and thickness of the index finger show your natural capacity for leading. Are you capable of being a boss? It tells us whether you are better at giving orders or taking them? When it is long, it reaches higher than the bottom of the middle finger’s nail. There is an exception when the middle finger is also long, then compare the length to the ring finger.
A long Jupiter finger is the first sign of leadership, even if the person is unaware of this trait. It might be something like not being afraid to ask another person to do a favour for them. They don’t see it as being a leader because it comes so naturally to them. An example of a Jupiterian: the seemingly lazy teenager who asks his mother to collect his dishes or washing out of the room (because he ran out of time). He sees it as getting help to stay organised, and in fact, he is sort of practising his authoritative behaviour.
A true Jupiterian can make himself known by his presence, he is not the least bit shy. Even if he isn’t thinking about giving his opinion, it just seems to come out anyway.
A whorl fingerprint on the dominant side index finger ads to the Jupiterian qualities.
Curved or leaning Jupiter finger
A bent index finger or leaning towards the middle finger it suggests a need for security of family or career. It can also mean a tendency to be dependent on others.
- When the whole finger curves towards the middle finger (Saturn), it shows that in relationships, they are prone to be emotionally secretive or feel unstable; exposing a possessive or jealous nature.
- When only the very tip is bent, the mental faculties are restrained or reserved, potentially affecting the self-image. When the index finger leans away from Saturn, towards the thumb, it displays a very extroverted and ambitious nature; these people also like to be in the centre of attention.
- With the middle and the index finger naturally held wide apart, there are qualities of motivation, self-confidence and individuality. They are independent, unrestrained and not bound by the views of others.