Learn about the cross on the heart line and other marks. These extra lines can have various meanings. The heart line is the uppermost horizontal line on the palm; it represents how a person expresses their feelings and their attitudes towards relationships. The basics of reading this line are the same as the head and life lines; that is by looking at its length, depth, and quality.
The deepness of the line displays the depth of feeling. So, a curved line indicates emotion, while a straight line shows control. An ideal heart line would be gently curved and end somewhere between the index and middle finger. If it also has a fork at the end, the person has a naturally optimistic view in relationships; they have a balance between what’s ideal and what’s practical.
Most heart lines are not flawless and regularly exhibit branches and markings. I imagine if there were a perfect one, it would show that the emotional experiences of the person’s life would not affect them much. It could also suggest an insensitive and unsympathetic nature. Where the heart line sits on the palm can add to the meaning of this line.
The chained heart line
Sometimes there are several crosses, forming a chained or islanded appearance to the line. A string of small islands throughout shows a moody, changeable and hypersensitive nature. Imagine a smooth line as showing even emotions; then a messy chained line is uneven emotions. Sometimes the chained look is brought about by mineral deficiencies in the diet. It can also show depression; look at the head line for breaks, islands or one that dips down to the Mount of Moon. Either way, the subject should try to calm down; they are overly nervous. If the chained appearance is only on the part of the line, it can represent a period of indecisiveness about their feelings. Some see the chained line as a sign of a fickle flirtatious or unfaithful lover. A heavily chained line can also suggest current heart problems, so be careful.
Cross on the heart line and other marks
- CROSSBARS – Short bar lines, like a slash, can depict obstacles in unions. They can also be a need for change or restlessness with a relationship.
- CROSS – A cross mark on the heart line is a sudden obstacle or problem within a relationship, and lasts for a more extended period than the bar line.
- STAR – A star mark, likewise, would suggest an unexpected emotional upset or shock.
- TRIANGLE – A clearly formed small triangle which sits on the line suggests a favourable time for relationships.
- SQUARE – Usually over a weak section of the line, the square shows overcoming emotional stress.
- DOT – Can depict heartbreak, emotional upset, shock or an actual condition of the heart. But, make sure to check for other indications.
- ISLAND – A division of energy, often due to a problematic emotional period. It can also depict a weakened physical condition of the heart.
Branches on the line
Rising branches reflect idealistic and happy experiences as well as a keen interest in the opposite sex. Drooping branches show insecurity or disappointments, and in some instances, poor-quality relationships or losses. If there are drooping lines along its entire length, it can indicate a sense of failure. This type of line is often on those who have a negative attitude regards relationships. It can also be that they may be restless or hypersensitive, possibly even prone to depression.
If you haven’t checked out my video lessons, you can do that here.